Wednesday 19 November 2014

Dad's Army being filmed in Bridlington Old Town

Did you know the new Dad's Army film is being filmed on location in Bridlington and Flamborough, I gather 70% of the film is being done up here.

Now I'm not someone who is a bit bothered by celebrity this and celebrity that and spotting the stars out and about but I have been curious about the set and how the High Street in the Old Town has been transported back to the 1940's.

The last fortnight has seen a wonderful transformation and filming is still in full swing.
I had to call in to Gallery 49 last week and their shop was being transformed into a gentlemen's outfitters. I hope Liz will not mind in me lifting her pictures from a recent G49 newsletter to show you as I have no pics of my own.



The High Street, to anyone who knows it, needs little help to look authentic, it is one of the best preserved Georgian Streets in northern England and it looked tremendous with the flags and bunting strung between shops.

I was in Brid yesterday, it was sunny and I drove past with half a mind to try and get some photos but the area is completed cordoned off now for filming and with security men in place allowing only pass holders in.
So sadly no pics of my own but there are some nice shots on this link to Brid Free Press, takes a minute to load but lots of pics.

http://www.bridlingtonfreepress.co.uk/what-s-on/out-about/more-pictures-dad-s-army-in-old-town-1-6956941

3 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

How exciting, I remember when I was young I wouldn't have missed an episode of Dads Army! It's brilliant how they can transform an area!
V x

lavender attic said...

Hi Sally
Am pleased for Brid and it's profile - I love the old town shop fronts. Thay've done a good job. Lovely photos - have had a peep. Bet Ms Zeta Jones isn't staying in a B&B on Windsor Crescent though! :)

Twiggy said...

I loved the original Dads Army and we still often watch it, Twiglet loves it too and he's 9! I must say I'm looking forward to the film and think the casting is pretty inspired. Good for Brid to get some limelight.
Twiggy