Friday 24 February 2017

Blueberry Shed holiday cottage is open and new creations

I don't think I've particularly shown our holiday cottage on the blog, probably because it has taken so long to get going but we are open and taking bookings for 2017. It's a bit slow at present but I'm sure things will pick up and we are trying to get WiFi into the cottage this year, that has been an ongoing struggle from the start.

http://blueberryshed.co.uk/

Here are some externals of the Blueberry Shed. A single storey, modern contemporary larch clad building located very near to Portree the capital of the Isle of Skye, with views out to sea and across to the island of Raasay.




Some interior shots of the kitchen area. I went for a German kitchen with mix and match bright coloured cabinets. We pretty much have the same in our kitchen.





The living and dining area, I've made quite a few cushions and other bits n bobs to go in the cottage and give it a unique yet cosy feel.




The bedroom featuring some of my art and craft work to buy



Shower room






I have taken advantage of a bit of quiet time in there myself for crocheting when no guests are in, it's nice to get away from all my stuff and clutter in my own house!

It's really rather a nice place to come on holiday, lots of galleries and arty crafty things as well as the obvious outdoor spectacles Skye is famous for. It's that time of year when spring is about to spring into action and things start opening up again here so hopefully a good year ahead.




 On the subject of making things, I have a few new creations to share which I know some of you have seen on my Instagram page, Twitter etc. I'm hoping to approach a gallery on Skye and see if I can get them in their shop this season, wish me luck.










Above was a needle case which I made my sister for Christmas, family photos of us are in it.

Some of my things are now available in my Etsy and Folksy shops.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/fabricmountainuk?ref=hdr_shop_menu

https://folksy.com/shops/FabricMountain

Thank you for dropping by :)



2 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

It looks great Sally, hopefully it will be booked up for the summer for you.
V x

Sum of their Stories said...

This place looks lovely, I remember visiting Skye as a teenager on a family holiday.
Was this on a tv program? It looks really familiar, especially the lovely bright kitchen.