Friday 20 February 2009

Rye & Hemp Soda Bread



I found a recipe on someone's blog for soda bread which seemed so quick and easy I had to try it. Unfortunately didn't make a note of the persons blog to link it but did jot down the recipe.
With bread running low here and little time to spend baking today I whizzed up the recipe in about 10 mins. I substituted wholemeal flour as I had none for rye flour and a proportion of hemp flour for some extra goodness and texture and voila the bread was baked in about 40 mins. It looks pleasing, haven't tried it yet so hope it tastes nice.
Hemp flour is brilliant, looks kind of greeny coloured and sand like but it is packed with Omega 3 & 6, organic, gluten free and vegan. Hemp products are truly super foods and I get them from Yorkshire Hemp who I do a bit of creative work for, not that I'm biased of course but have a look on their website if you fancy trying a hemp product or hemp clothing even.

No comments: