I'm having a bit of a run of foodie entries on my blog at the moment and I think it's important to show the bad as well as the good. If nothing else it will make you smile!
The aga is losing heat at the moment which being an old decripid one it seems to do so every 6 months and then needs a service. Anyway I decided on jacket spuds last night (bad idea with hindsight), there just wasn't enough heat, after 3 mins in the microwave and then just over an hour in the aga they were still crisp and uncooked in the middle. So, had something else to eat and left them doing for a bit longer. That was last night, well I think you can guess the rest! I've just been into the kitchen to start food and found the spuds from last night, looking remarkably like burnt cinders!
It's so challenging cooking in that particular aga, I don't know how I ever manage to get any results. I'm just pleased I'm a veggie or I think it would be rife for a food poisoning nightmare if a meat eater was using it.