Sunday 7 September 2014

First proper full weeks holiday of the year


It's turning out a strange old year and the complexities of many projects have not allowed us to plan much in the way of holidays other than the odd long weekend here and there.

So I took the bull by the horns and decided on finding a last minute deal. A full week away in a cottage and a time to de-stress, a week were we wouldn't be tearing around the country looking for houses or escape plans which is what most of our trips have been the last I don't know how many years.

I opted for Northumbria, I like the north east and haven't spent more than a couple of days there in years so I was delighted to find a lovely cottage at a very cheap rate as it's the end of the summer season.

I have a couple more posts to follow which will be sightseeing and then shopping/vintage/arts things as I found two amazing vintage retro type shops to share with you.

Signing off now as lots of emails to catch up with, had very little wifi all week so I think that helps with the de-stressing process.

Castle above is Bamburgh.

1 comment:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Ah beautiful Bamburgh Castle! Glad you had a lovely break Sally! :)
V x