Wednesday 29 August 2012

More views of Skye

As you probably would guess my little friend Bob snook into my suitcase, he's never been to Scotland before so he was very excited and wore his kilt especially for the trip!
Below he is at Torrin.


On this day the weather was good so we took the scenic drive around Tarskavaig and down to the beach.



The purple heather was quite stunning. 
I got to fly my kite on the beach at Tarskavaig Bay.


A little further round this bay are some ancient woodlands, with the Rowan or mountain ash in full berries.



I tried to capture more purple heather in the shot below as we whizzed by in the car, it was a mountain I've seen many times before but never at this time of the year with heather.


Another day, and I took Bob to Portree, here he is looking across the harbour.


I then took him to meet friends in my favourite shop, Skye Batiks.


Unfortunately the picture below is the only one I got in the shop and is blurry but I wanted to give you a feel of how groovy the stuff is in there.


I delivered one of my textile designs to see if they liked it and it went down well and may feature in their 2013 clothing range, now there's a good excuse to go back next year and see if there's anything to buy with my design on! It is a re-working of an honesty pod design I did on my college textile course.


We finished our day in Portree at the Isle of Skye Baking Company for a delicious Earl Grey and bun in their eco cafe.



No comments: