Thursday 14 March 2013

Monsters and miniatures, and a new machine

I think I have created a monster!

Brace yourselves, it's a huge Bob style bunny. I wanted to use some scraps of wool up so I just kept knitting the 2 balls together for a bit of mottled effect and here he is..... Bob's big brother!


Another little and large would be these crocheted strawberries. The big chunky one is a pin cushion and I'm just finishing the small one as a necklace.


Completed last week for my mums mothers day gift was this miniature embroidery for a brooch.


And lastly, I've been so busy with work and things that I haven't had much of a go on my new sewing machine which arrived last week. I went for this Janome as it does text which is quite a feature in work I like to create and I'm very excited about some of the 400 embroidery stitches. My old Brother machine is still good but this one purrs in a much nicer way! 

I'm looking forward to warmer days and good natural light to get stuck into using it.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a big brother compared to Bob!
Love the strawberries, I was crocheting strawberries this week too, between bunnies that is! ;) We've been on the same wavelengths this week Sally!
Love your new toy, how exciting. :)
V xxx

Anne said...

Oh how cute is big bob? Loving the strawberries too. I knitted some last year.

patty said...

Wow, we've all been crocheting strawberries at some point, how spooky!

Louise said...

How exciting a new machine,happy sewing days ahead.

Rustic Vintage Country said...

I'm in love with the bro' now!! That looks like one good machine and all those embroidery stitches....ooooo, I'm dreaming. Have fun playing with it. x

Shaheen said...

Happy sewing projects. x
I have been eyeing that sewing machine, you must tell me if you recommend it. I used to sew when I was a teen quite a lot, and would like to kickstart that hobby once again, of course with a decent machine that is straightforward to use. also loving those crochet strawberries.