Friday 19 April 2013

A couple of completed projects

I think with the slightly improved weather and the bit extra light on an evening, I've been busying myself with a few projects and staying away from the computer on a night.

Last weekend I cut hundreds, no exaggeration, of fabric squares for patchwork, some vintage and some new. I just had that thing going on where I wanted to mosh up a load of random patterns together and do patchwork.
A week on and all I have to show for it is a small patchwork apron!

I'm sure other things will follow now I have so many bits cut.



I've also been crocheting flowers and doing some fibre felting, some of which will form a brooch.


And lastly, a little cat brooch. 
I need to make a few new things in the coming fortnight as I will be having a stall at a local event on May 3rd.


6 comments:

lavender attic said...

Hi Sally
How are you? It feels a bit more like Spring doesn't it, glad you are warmer and are enjoying your crafting. I love the cat brooch, such a lot of work has gone into it.
Sally x

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh Sally I love your little cat, it has the sweetest little face, just gorgeous!!
Hope you're getting some of this lovely sunshine!
Happy weekend,
V xxx

Louise said...

I too am loving the warmer and lighter evenings sewing a little longer. Love the cat, so cute.

patty said...

Hi everyone and thank you for the lovely comments about the little pussy cat.
So nice that we are all feeling warmer and spring like at last.
Enjoy the weekend x

Rebecca said...

Hey,I don't know if you remember but I'm Becky from a yellow buttercup but I starteda new blog called a dainty fawn. Just thought I would pop by and say hello! I really like your crocheted flower, i need to learn to crochet! The fibre felting sounds intresting, I will have to try that out! Thecat brooch is adorabe!!
- Becky x
www.adaintyfawn.blogspot.com

patty said...

Hi Becky, nice to hear from you, yes I do remember the Yellow Buttercup and I remember looking at your new blog a while back but I forgot to make it part of my blog list which I will do now so I can see what you've been up to.
Thanks for the nice comments about the 'makes'.