Monday 14 July 2014

A busy weekend for me

It's quite unusual these days for me to do something Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, but it was just such a weekend.

Friday night I went to the Moonbeams Festival at Wold Top Brewery.


I think I may have previously mentioned that one of my favourite groups were playing, the Peatbog Faeries, and this was my first time seeing them live.
Here we are just as the sun was setting heading into the big top stage and we caught the act prior to the Peatbogs, another Scottish group Breabach who were very good.


Shame about the quality of my photos but they are purely to remind myself of the fantastic evening.
Top photo below is Breabach followed by pic of Peatbogs.



They were absolutely brilliant and everything I hoped they would be. I'm putting a link to their closing track on the night, if you don't like Celtic fiddle, pipes, techno trance music then probably best you don't click the link.


Super evening, a magical little festival and a very late night.

Saturday and lack of sleep meant for a later trip to York than planned for the Ukulele Festival. Arriving at 4pm meant I'd pretty much missed all the action in the street and I would've been too tired to go into the evening for the uke open mic sessions in the pubs.
Still, I managed a nice snack in The Attic and this is the view from there into Kings Square.


Sunday was the Sledmere House car boot sale, it's usually very good for vintage and antique finds so I decided to make the effort. Oh dear, I'd only been there for about 20 mins when it decided to chuck it down, what a shame for the stall holders some of which were prepared for the rain, others just left their stuff to the elements.

The quality of stalls and items was not nearly as good as previous years and with the weather quite a few packed up at lunch time so it was all a bit disappointing.



Very little Hornsea Pottery this year, only really saw this which is a design called Seasons from about 1991.


Busy week ahead, new projects on the horizon.

No comments: