Wednesday 18 March 2015

Sausage Dogs on the loose soon!

I can't help but smile when I say the words Sausage Dog. The word Dachshund is just slightly austere for such a comical, characterful little doggie.

For some time a friend of mine has suggested I make something sausage doggy, I think brooches were the original intention however I wanted to work on a bit bigger scale so as to incorporate some doggy clothes.

This is what I've come up with, Sausage Dog Cut & Sew Plushie Kits.


I found some classic sausage dog pictures to sketch from and created digital illustrations to have printed as my kit.

The fun bit will be clothes, as in the visual below I plan for them to either have jackets or bandanas.


I will make the clothes from vintage or tweed fabric and offer a choice to go with each kit.

Funnily enough, last weekend as I was supposed to be finishing off this project, I went to Bridlington for a bit of fresh air and I saw 2 very cute sausage dog puppies out for a walk. This spurred me on to finish my kits.
I didn't used to be too fussed about sausage dogs but I have to admit to quite liking them now!

1 comment:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Great idea Sally, I have to say there is nothing cooler than a dog in a bandana! :)
V x
P.S. I saw the duvet cover in Asda, they have a lovely cushion too !