Tuesday 24 March 2015

New folk fabric design


Sometimes I make a new fabric design from the embers of some old designs and that's what I did last week when I created an American style folk fabric.

A few years ago I designed some Amish people cut & sew kits which I think I only sold one of, the idea was to make a family group and string them like bunting.


I took some of the design elements from the kits and worked out a pattern repeat and then picked a selection of muted colours for the range and these are my results.



I've already had some cotton samples back from print which I'm quite pleased with and I think this one will be nice for kitchen textiles, aprons, patchwork etc.


Another design just finished is a mish mash of lots of other elements, butterflies, embroidered flowers, vintage postage stamps. birds. I'm thinking Hawaiian shirts with this, maybe because the sun is shining on me today!



3 comments:

Rustic Vintage Country said...

I'm really liking those!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your designs are always brilliant Sally, such amazing colours too! :)
V x

Shaheen said...

I am a sucker for anything butterfly, but I am loving the postcard and bird addition too. The Amish binging sounds fascinating, shame you sold one, perhaps UK is not the right audience, perhaps need to target US.