Friday 20 March 2015

Solar Eclipse, first day of Spring

Hurrah spring is here. 
Today was to be the best solar eclipse since the one in 1999 which I traveled down to Devon for and was thoroughly wowed by it.

Different story today, started off with a hint of brightness but cloud soon got the better of it. All my pictures were rubbish, this is the only one less rubbish with a hint of eclipse if you look closely.


I also think I made the hole too big for my pinhole camera. Not satisfied with the pin prick shown by the red arrow, I went for a larger circle above but it didn't actually eclipse and after the near totality point it naturally clouded completely.


Oh well, 6 years to another partial eclipse!

Hope you saw it wherever you where.

3 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

It was quite good here, we had a feint cloud covering which meant we could look at it, I know we shouldn't have but we did.
I abandoned the pin hole too, way too much faffing about for me! :)
It was the twilight and the drop in temperature and the stillness that was amazing, quite spooky!
V x

Rustic Vintage Country said...

Being in a flat and having the sun at quite an awkward angle made it difficult to both see and photograph but I did try the colander way of viewing which was reasonable. The best thing to show it was the mirror ball I have hanging at the side of the window, as I discovered by accident. x

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

I too gave up with the pinhole thingy, couldn't get it too work and ended up squinting through our lightly tinted and hopefully protective glass doors. Like green rabbits, when the cloud passed it was great.