Saturday 8 August 2009

Stamping workshop


This morning I went along to Lynnda's open day and stamping workshop up at Calf House Studios. Lynnda designs most of the stamps herself so you find very different things to in the shops. I couldn't resist a couple which are going to be lovely for making little stamped gift tags to go on my fabric jewellery. One stamp I got is of some oriental flowers so if I get better with the Kanzashi flowers the stamp will be most useful to make tags for them.

Lynnda demonstrated embossing which was great. I once bought some embossing powder years ago but had no luck with it, I realise now I didn't have the right stamping ink for it to stick to or to activate it. The stamps & inks are much more advanced now and apparently you can get some ink suitable to stamp on fabric which would be quite useful for me.

Here's a link to Lynnda's blog for all your stamping & crafting needs:



No comments: