Wednesday 24 November 2010

Postcard in textiles

I was looking forward to a  final few days of frantic crafting before the weekends craft fair but production has slowed up as I'm coming down with a cold. I've had to open my new honey to have the odd spoonful to ease the sore throat, it really is delicious. I don't want to waste this good stuff in my hot lemons so will dig out an old crusty jar I've got at the back of the cupboard.


I was trying one or two alternative things for the craft fair but I'm not going to get them finished as the packaging, labeling & pricing will take forever but I wanted to make little postcard pouches. Here is one half started, the idea was it could be either a purse or a gift pouch.


Notice the piece of board with the bulldog clips? I found a book in the library which had a piece on weaving around bulldog clips. I have never really managed to successfully remove my weaving without it coming unravelled so I thought I'd try this technique and see if its easier removing the threads from the clips.



No comments: