Friday 14 March 2014

The Garden Room opens at RHS Harlow Carr Harrogate this weekend


Firstly I must apologise for the amount of photos I plan to attach but it is really to document my recent jewellery creations.

The weekend has finally arrived when a new exhibition blasts off featuring lots of new work from local artists and makers.

My friend, the uber talented textile artist Corinne Young, has devised and is curating this fabulous garden inspired exhibition which runs until the end of March. All the details about the exhibition and artists involved are featured on Corinne's blog.

http://stitchedgarden.wordpress.com/2014/03/11/the-garden-room-opens-this-weekend/

I've been busying myself making things in the windows of opportunity between a busy schedule of graphic design work and as well as the embroidered gloves and birds you may have seen on here recently I have a new range of tweed & felted Old Masters brooches.






Some of the jewellery has turned into necklaces and here they are packaged and ready to go.




Next we have the Old Masters range of flower vases and these are needle felted designs onto Harris Tweed.



The layers are built up and I only had one finger pricking incident!





I enjoyed slapping lots of different colours into these and here they are almost finished before turning into brooches or pendants.








I want to wish Corinne all the best as she's in for a busy and exciting fortnight. Hope the weather is kind too.
Thanks for sticking it out to the end if you made it and have a good weekend.


4 comments:

lavender attic said...

Hi Sally
You are clever! - love the needle felted brooches. Your packaging and presentation is always inspired too.
Sally x

Anne said...

Hi Sally, you are amazingly clever. I wish I had a fraction of your skills.XX

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh I love your felted brooches, Sally, so pretty.
Well done on only one injury, I know those felting tools are sharp!
Happy weekend,
V xxx

patty said...

Thank you all so much for your lovely kind comments, lets hope the people of Harrogate like all the things we've been making. :)