Monday 28 November 2011

Black Garlic - Day 40, experiment 2

40 days seem to have gone fast. Yes today is Black Garlic Day and I have just been down to the oven with my fingers crossed.


Here it is, about to be removed from oven.


Looks promising, I can see blackness through the papery skin.


Look at the colour difference after it's cooked.


Do you want the good news or the bad news?
As I eagerly tore into the bulbs they were certainly black and not the pale gooey stuff I had the first time I did this when the oven wasn't hot enough.


But oh dear....


They've now gone the other way, completely solid like garlic charcoal and absolutely useless and over cooked. I just checked the oven temperature and it is still about 140 as should be. 


This isn't an easy experiment to try out and who knows whether the so called fresh organic garlic I used was fresh enough, or is my oven thermometer a bit out and maybe a tad too hot on this occasion. Who knows, one things for sure, I'm not trying it again!

1 comment:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh dear, perhaps you could use it as charcoal. :)
Ah well you tried, didn't 40 days go fast!