Thursday 17 May 2012

Jubilee makes, bunting etc.

Some weeks ago I was asked if I'd like a stall at a craft fair in June which turns out to be the Jubilee weekend and the fair is having a Jubilee theme. I decided I would only do one craft fair this summer so this is the one. (Date: June 4th, Location: Kirkella, E. Yorks, Times: not known yet)


I'm not hugely into Jubilee or Royal things but I thought if I didn't have any red white & blue bunting then I might look a bit of a party pooper! Seeing as I had some stripey fabric in my stash I made some bunting, which then lead to making some party favour bags. However, I thought by the time I'm doing the craft fair people won't want the Jubilee stuff then so I've listed it on my Folksy shop. If I don't sell anything on the run up then I can always take it to the fair.
Here's my bunting:



These are the little fabric gift bags I made:



I then made some bunting which is probably more me and that is my Alternative Jubilee Steam Punk bunting.... Never Mind the Jubilee! Inspired a tad by Vivienne Westwood.
I notice that I made it onto the front of Folksy Best of British page today with the bunting, yippee.






5 comments:

Rustic Vintage Country said...

Well done on the folksy front page and well deserved I say, it's fab bunting. x

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Love all your Jubilee makes Sally and loads of congratulations on the Folksy front page.
That safety pin takes me straight back to the '80's! :)
Happy weekend,
Vivienne x

Rebecca said...

Your bunting is gorgeous. I love all the little details you've added such as the hearts and stamped fabric! The bags look wonderful and I hope you enjoy your day at the craft fair! - Becky Xx

patty said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, roll on the craft fair!

Shaheen said...

Well done on appearing on the front page of the folksy website. Really fab. I really like your bunting. Wishing your craft stall does well. On a side note, I've been entering a couple of local foodie veggie comps to generate interest in my veggie venture, though I have been doing well, I am not getting the kind of promo I want, instead I am getting the hosts of comps assuming that I will promo them on my blog.