Friday 8 February 2013

A week for entering competitions

I've entered 3 design competitions in the last 10 days and just starting on another for next week.

They're a bit like buses, non for weeks and then 3 come along which you want to have a go at! I should just say that I am squeezing these in between work jobs and not allowing them to take priority over paid work, just incase any of my customers read this!!!

Last weekend I entered a recycled poster competition which Pretty Nostalgic magazine were running. The theme was to illustrate what Waste Less means to you and mine is based around clean air and the environment. It's made of recycled paper, maps, scraps of fabric, ripped and stitched.


Then I entered this weeks Spoonflower fabric contest which was a valentine love letter theme. I didn't have to spend too much time on that as I revamped one of my collages of vintage postcards and other memorabilia into this. The design does actually repeat, it was initially designed as a non repeating fat quarter pattern for quilting projects but now it can be bought in metreage too as a repeat pattern.


And then yesterday I hurriedly knocked out some designs for the York Ukulele Festival, I submitted a few as the details were a bit sketchy and I wasn't sure quite what they were requiring. Here are my ideas, I thought they could perhaps shorten York Ukulele to YorkU'lele as the name of the event but maybe that is not obvious enough.





Have a good weekend everyone, make the most of tomorrow there's a threat of snow on Sunday, yuk!

3 comments:

Louise said...

Your posters are very good, I especially like the sepia ones, I hope you win something. Ive entered a sewlutions this year, pledging to use the patterns I bought last year but never used.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

All brilliant designs Sally, I love the groovy writing on your York posters.
Happy weekend,
V xxx

Anne said...

Gorgeous designs. Good luck!