Thursday 30 January 2014

Reworked fabric designs

Not much blogging going on here at the moment. January blues and all that sort of thing, cold hands & feet, wet grey days and lacking in inspiration.
So pleased January is nearly over, my car scraped through the MOT but I've been advised to get new tyres and have the brakes looked at soon, more expense and hassle but hopefully I can wing it until slightly better weather and when I feel like sorting it.

I've been trying to crack on with some Valentine brooches but the day I collected my car something twanged on one of my fingers and a finger on my sewing hand went blue and hot and tingly but calmed down a day later and just looked bruised but it seems to have faded now, it did slow me down though, very odd as I hadn't trapped it.

I've been updating some of my Spoonflower fabrics. There is a new shade in the camping fabric, dusky lilac and a lady has already bought 3 yards to make curtains which I was delighted to hear.


I've also created a yard of camping fabric where you get 4 different coloured fat quarters on the one yard which would be quite good for making a cushion panel, quilting or small projects.


I'm currently researching a couple of fabric printing places in the UK to see if it possible to have the designs printed here and whether that would be cheaper than the expense of Spoonflower in the US. I'd love to have more of my fabric printed so that I could sell bigger than just fat quarters in my shop.

Another design I've reworked is my butterfly waltz below


I liked the lilac of the camping fabric and have updated the above to a slightly more gothic design called Butterfly Skull Waltz, I'm currently waiting for a printed sample.



4 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

January is almost gone Sally!! :)
Your fabrics are lovely, it would be good if you managed to get a UK supplier!
Maybe you should get that finger looked at!
V xxx

Louise said...

Hi Sally have you tried this site http://www.wovenmonkey.com/ dont how the prices compare to spoonflower.

patty said...

Thanks for the concern V, fortunately the finger went down within a couple of days so normality has resumed :)
How spooky Louise, another friend mentioned woven monkey only the other day and I have just ordered some samples from them. I hope to show a woven monkey and a spoonflower of the same design on the blog to see if the colours are similar.

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

I have every sympathy re the car. My car passed mot in December but now at the yearly service it apparently needed new brakes. I have paid less for a holiday than what I paid yesterday for a service and brakes. I am definitely in the wrong business