Thursday 18 March 2010

Green Ginger veggie cafe, Hull

Yesterday I met up with an old friend who I've not seen for yonks and we tried a newish veggie cafe in the old town called Green Ginger, not surprisingly it's in the Land of Green Ginger area. Had a lovely slice of cheese-cake with our coffee and I really loved the groovy artwork on the walls. The art was very Yellow Submarine in style.


I hadn't been in the town for a wander or a shop for years so my friend took me in Hepworths arcade which hadn't changed much, still had Dinsdales joke shop were I used to spend much of my pocket money as a child buying sneezing powder and the like. There was  a new and interesting looking Kimono shop but it was shut, Beasleys still had a good supply of vintage clothes and I bought a small plain black bag to embellish.


The main purpose of the trip was to visit a fabric shop which is closing down in June, the shop is Dream Fabrics on Percy Street. I got quite a few bits of fabric as you'll see from this pic and also little gadgets to make origami style fabric things which you can use to decorate clothes or accessories.



No comments: