Sunday 21 March 2010

Harlequin in York - great coffee!

Went to York yesterday and in the quest to seek out great coffee I tried another recommendation from the Cosy Coffee Shops blog.


The destination was Harlequin in Kings Square, up above another shop. I heard this was the best coffee in York and popular with locals and judging by the helpful proprietor who recommended a coffee for my chocolatey, nutty preference, I would have to agree. I had a coffee from El Salvador but I can't remember the rest of its exotic name, I also had a homemade scone which was delicious and they do it with jam and clotted cream if you feel indulgent.


The choice of coffee was great, I love Coffee Culture just down the road but Harlequin had more choice. What with Roasters in Scarborough & Cafe Leon in Malton it is so nice to have good coffee shops in the places I do most shopping.


Also saw this lovely piece of textile art on the stairwell in Harlequin.


Next weekend I go on the latte art course at Yorkshire sculpture park, can't wait.



No comments: