Friday 5 March 2010

Solufleece work

I've now had a go at using the Solufleece and got some samples to show. It is very strange stuff to work with, flimsy and papery. You have to think about placing elements so that they are connected to either bits of fabric or with stitches so that they don't unravel when you dissolve the fabric.
My first attempt is like a little landscape theme with plants & a tree. I prefer the second attempt which I based on honesty pods and it is more abstract. 
I have shown befores and afters to give a feel of what happens when the backing fabric is washed away.


I quite like some of the photos I got from the honesty pods, I can see this is a technique I might be able to get some mileage out of and create surface designs for fabric or images for greeting cards.




No comments: