Thursday 10 June 2010

Hull School of Art & Design

Yesterday our textile group went to view the end of year work at Hull college by fashion & textile students.
I got a weird feeling going into that building. I have only once been in there before and it was 27 years ago when I went for an interview for Art Foundation course. I only have bad memories of the place, as during the interview and tour round the building I left my portfolio and school certificates in a room and when I returned to collect my portfolio the certificates had gone. Contacted them a few days after and they hadn't been found so it was mortifying back then to lose the only evidence you have of achieving O levels when you are starting out in life.
Anyway pleased I went to Leeds instead as the Hull place looked as grim today as it did in the 80's.


Our tour round started with garments in the section students were making historical costumes, managed a few snaps and then were told not to take pics as their work had not been assessed yet.


It was quite interesting, I found myself more drawn to the textile, printing & illustration side rather than the garments. I liked the tree with the crows playing seen here, the crows were made from twisted black wire.

No comments: