Wednesday 16 June 2010

Life after textiles!

I think there's only 1 or 2 textile course sessions left. Either way, on Monday I finally handed in all the paper work, samples and finished projects from the exams and I think I can safely say I've seen the back of it. Lets hope all the effort gets me a pass, I just want that bit of paper at the end of it to feel I've achieved something and added another string to my bow.


It's nice to give work my full attention again and this week I've just been finishing a craft order for straw bale Carol who is going on one of her building fact finding trips to Europe in a week. These are some of the brooches which will be going with her as gifts to the organisers.
The peach & green crochet brooch is done with some of the Vintage Palette wool I bought the other day, it's quite nice to use and is a mixture of 70% wool, 30% soybean.


Also hoping to do a couple of design competitions if I can come up with the goods before the deadline which is less than a week away. Better get cracking!



No comments: