Saturday 9 July 2011

Marvelous Monmouth

On previous trips to Wales I have only bypassed Monmouth before so when I finally made it over the River Monnow into the town I was pleasantly surprised. Always a good sign seeing a Waitrose and an M&S food shop, incase you need supplies!

The town itself has quite a nice buzz to it, lots of useful independent shops, I found a fabric & wool shop down a quirky pedestrian street with lovely floral bunting strung across. There's plenty of interesting architecture with an impressive town hall housing the museum.

Monmouth is also well served with eateries and pavement cafes. I had done my research before the trip and I read about a Mexican restaurant named Mocos. It turned out to be a good choice and it's always nice to find a good selection of veggie dishes and the option to choose mild, medium or hot spices. I had a huge platter with chimichangas and all the trimmings. Because this had been preceeded by a dish of nachos there was no way I could contemplate a pudding! It was certainly very nice.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well dinner does look good Sally!
I love a town with independent shops, I hate it when every high street looks the same.
Vivienne x

patty said...

Yes I love a town with something different to see in it.