Thursday 2 December 2010

Snowbound

I'm getting fed up of the snow now, I am just getting over a cold and was looking forward to advancing my coffee skills tomorrow as I was due on another course in preparation for taking delivery of a new espresso machine but it looks like the weather is going to spoil any chance of getting out and to the course in Doncaster.


The problem with the snow here is it takes ages to disappear even if the temperature rises. Most of the driveway, which is on a slippery slope, is surrounded by trees so the sun never gets on certain areas and after a little bit of digging yesterday it seems like ice is under the snow which is going to delay the thaw further. Its a complete re-run of last years bad weather, the postman hasn't been near nor by for a week and I have important stuff due, the bin men probably won't come if the post van won't drive down but thats ok as I reckon I could go 3 weeks on the bin front. 


I'm well stocked up with soya milk as I'd been gathering it already to get through the festive period and if supplies start to dwindle I have a few foodie things I'd started putting in a hamper for xmas pressies which I suppose could be consumed and replaced at a later date.


I haven't even mentioned how cold it is in here. Luckily the last time I was out shopping 2 weeks ago, Mountain Warehouse had an offer on buy 1 get 1 free on thermal vests and long johns so I purchased a lovely warm set in purple.


Hope everyone else is keeping warm and dry.



No comments: