Friday 24 February 2012

New book & hearts in progress

The week seems to have flown past, maybe because it's been a bit milder and it's helped me power into action and get some things done.
I was the lucky recipient of a belated birthday pressie this week in the form of a Cath Kidston book from my friend.


It's the PATCH one.


It comes with a lovely packet of fabric pieces to make the project on the front which can either be a bag or cushion.


I've not done much patchwork so just had myself a nice Bolivian coffee and sat and flicked through it to show you a couple of pages. I think my latte art is a bit bubbly because I've used semi-skimmed.


I think this is my favourite project in the book, the Boudoir Cushion, although typically it looks the most complicated!


Much easier and also very pretty is this idea which is something I've already dabbled with and that's chopping up vintage linens to use the embroidered bits.


In fact I have some works in progress were I've been snipping up old tablecloths and then I need to do some hand embroidery on. If these are finished in time they will be Mother's Day lavender hearts to go in my Folksy shop.
Happy weekend one and all! x

5 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your new book looks lovely Sally, lots of ideas, although if you're like me you don't need any more ideas in your head. :)
Pretty little hearts too!
Happy weekend,
Vivienne x

Anne said...

I've got that book too as a birthday present to myself but I havent had a go at anything yet, it all looks quite complicated! I just need to sit down and really study it.

Rustic Vintage Country said...

Lovely book and I like the idea of the mothers day hearts. Suzy x

Aunt Jane's Attic said...

Love Cath Kidston books, even if just to look at, the cushion on the front looks lovely, might have to have a look myself!. Julie xxx

Rebecca said...

I love Cath Kidston and the cushions look wonderful! I love your latte art it is so cute! The start of your embroidered hearts are lovely. But where is bob? ;)
-Becky x