Wednesday 11 April 2012

YORK - 800 Years old

Well Easter was a bit of a wash out in terms of weather and wanting to go out and do things so nothing much was done and the grey days didn't inspire much arty crafty activity either, although I have got a few projects bubbling away.


My latest postcard designs returned from print the other week. I have adapted one of my railway poster train designs into a postcard celebrating 800 years of the city of York.


It's 800 years since York was granted a Royal Charter by King John in 1212 so I believe there is a programme of exciting events throughout this year. I'm quite interested in the Railfest, first week in June at the NRM, should be a good photo opportunity.



These postcards are now available in my Folksy shop, a pack of 3 for £1.

5 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Great postcards Sally, the colours are amazing. :)
V x

Rustic Vintage Country said...

They are fantastic. Suzy x

Anne said...

Sally, you are a very talented lady.They are gorgeous.

Rebecca said...

The postcards look amazing! Did you use your graphic design skills to make the postcard photos?
- Becky Xx

patty said...

Thanks for the lovely comments.

Hi Becky, Yes I have created the artwork using Adobe Illustrator. I started with a photo of this train and then I re-draw my version in vectors & then I colour it up at the end to bring it alive with strong colour combinations.
Sally x