Tuesday 26 June 2012

Afternoon with friends

Yesterday myself and 2 artist friends had a long overdue afternoon, of chatting, cake and catch-up.
I made us a badge each, incase we forgot our names!


The weather was reasonable which meant we could sit in my friends lovely garden and admire her wonderful new outdoor studio, it's almost like a little house, I'd love an outside space like that. She's very happy with it and turning out some super work from within its walls.


After one lot of tea we made our way to nearby Pocklington, the plan was more tea and cakes, a gallery visit and charity shops.
I didn't get a picture of the cafe or cake because it was really busy and it's not a huge cafe so we ended up sharing a table with 2 lots of people so I thought it would be rude to get my camera out. The cafe was The Coffee Bean and the food was lovely.


We visited Art & Rose gallery where one friend has some work, there were some fab things, a whole range of craft and art items. I treated myself to some stationery by Angie Lewin & Mark Hearld. The mask / clown cards are by one of our East Riding Artist members, June Hammond, I thought they would look good grouped in a frame.




http://www.artandrosegallery.co.uk/

I have to show you these groovy fabric shoes we saw in an expensive clothes shop in Pocklington.



We whizzed around the charity shops and I think we were quite restrained considering, here is a tablecloth I found and a rather nice skirt, I didn't particularly buy it to wear as I thought it wouldn't fit, more for the nice fabric panels to chop up. That said, with a bit of adjustment I think it will fit so might wear it!



Finally, we ended our day with an art preview by other ERA artist friend Steve Dove. The exhibition is on at Pocklington Arts Centre for the next 6 weeks and Steve will be there on Tuesdays demonstrating his work. Really fab, colourful paintings of the Yorkshire area.

http://stevedove.co.uk/index.html

It was a really nice afternoon and just what we all needed to recharge our batteries.

1 comment:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Sounds like a brilliant afternoon!
I love the name badges. :)
Your friends studio is amazing, lucky girl!!!
I think by the look of them the shoes are Irregular Choice, my daughter's guilty pleasure. There are QUITE a few pairs of those in her bedroom!!
Vivienne x