Monday 5 November 2012

A busy week & a trip to Harrogate

A week has flown past. I ended October with a few tasty treats in the form of buns and toffee apples which I hadn't made for years.



I took a selection of festive items to the Art & Rose Gallery in Pocklington, including these Harris Tweed landscape brooches with sheep.


I think when I made the biscuit brooches it was Anne who commented they would look good on a plate with biscuits so as I had a few jammy rings I popped mine on the same plate!


I managed a quick visit to the Warhol exhibition at Ferens Art Gallery in Hull which was pretty good with lots of different work and not just the soup cans.


On Friday I went to Harrogate to the Homebuilding exhibition which was rather good. It also allowed a trip to the best coffee shop in Harrogate, Bean & Bud. Had a most delicious sandwich and cranberry and white chocolate tiffin, with you know who as company!



Had also heard about La Maison Du Cafe so popped across there for a nice Red Brick espresso too.


Look what I spotted outside a butchers in Harrogate, these wonderful Nutcrackers.



And whilst on the subject of Nutcrackers, I'm currently stitching one up for a textile picture.


I've got a busy few days stitching as I need to make another gallery drop with festive goodies by the end of the week.


2 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

You have been busy! Love the nutcracker and your sheep brooches are gorgeous!
Good old Bob always turns up for coffee and cake, doesn't he! ;)
V x

Anne said...

As always, such a busy bee! Bob has to be the widest travelled bunny ever!