Wednesday 9 February 2011

Day in Hornsea

I was in Hornsea at the dentist yesterday which is always a fun day out, my Scottish ex-army dentist is as mad as a box of frogs!
Following that I visited the shop of one of my networking colleagues, she has a wedding cum gift shop with some lovely things in.


http://www.andallthingsnice.net/



I then visited 2 shops I hadn't been in before, recommended by friend, and one was a florist cum antique shop which was an interesting mix with lovely curios in. Followed by a few doors along, the Southgate Studio, a place with the most unusual handmade gifts from crafts people around the country and they do bespoke framing services. It was the sort of place you looked around and wanted stuff in every direction you looked, lovely people passionate about their business so well worth a look if you are in Hornsea. 
I restrained my purse strings on this occasion and came away with a couple of jolly seaside greeting cards by a local artist.


http://www.thesouthgatestudio.co.uk/







I had a quick whiz around the charity shops and found a pair of 1965 Hornsea egg cups in the Gourmet range, a snip at £1. Also found some vintage floral barkcloth and a 1970's M&S quilt cover in a groovy geometric pattern in lovely condition so will probably remain a quilt cover and not get chopped up.


The day was complete with a visit to Freeport for some new walking boots which I found in Hawkshead.



No comments: