On my journeys around Blogland and craft sites I've seen some lovely handmade fruit pincushions and I wanted to make myself an apple.
I then searched for patterns and templates but I didn't seem to have much luck finding any free, it was mainly paid for patterns and I thought if I do that I might as well get a decent one with a few things to make. Anyway I was unsuccessful in finding such a pattern in my local haberdashery so as most of the templates online just looked like a leaf shape I drew my own.
The first 'thing' I made with my own template looked more flat and squat and rather like a pumpkin so with a bit of adjustment I made the leaf shape a bit taller and the result is as below.
I'm quite pleased with it for a first attempt and hope to try more when time allows.