Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas Eve coffee & tea

Had a lovely morning in York, no stress, no crowds, no shopping.
Arrived early to get parked and I was strolling alongside the river by 8.30, it was a wee bit chilly, I took Bob the Bunny and he wore his new red winter scarf.
Here he is just going by Cliffords Tower into town.


Not long before we reached the warm welcoming door to Spring Espresso on Fossgate.


Steve had just opened up and I started with a delicious flat white.


Enjoyed some sticky toffee cake, eaten too quick for a photo! 


An espresso followed by a piccolo and then Bob tucked into a juicy cinnamon bagel!



The purpose of the trip was also to buy a Piaoi tea pot which is a fantastic device from China to make the perfect cuppa. I went mad and bought the tea pot with a special cup and some interesting loose tea, Vietnamese Puerh, Pouchong and Dragon Well. And, just incase I run out of coffee beans over Christmas I bought a bag of Melpomene Espresso blend.




So I think that's me about done now and here's one final photo of some odd decorations I saw in a shop on Fossgate, not sure if I like them or not.



1 comment:

Mafalda said...

I just love tea! And the ones you purchased are great!

What did you think about Pouchong tea?

For me it was quite surprising! I loved the succulent texture and floral fragrance. Not to mention the health benefits! It eases digestive disorders, boosts the immune system and improves cardiovascular health! It’s a nice tea to have in your pantry.

It has become one of my favourite teas!

http://www.therighttea.com/pouchong-tea.html