Friday 23 December 2011

Last few handmade gifts

I think I'm finally on top of making things for Christmas and so my target in the next 24 hours is to try and clear my crafty stuff from the dining table which is where I do most of it.


I made food gifts for friends yesterday which included:


Spicy roast nuts.


Savoury oat biscuits for cheese.


White chocolate Irish cream truffles, too much of a faff so only did 7 and ate 1!


Florentines, my particular favourite.


A few of the citrus rinds were about done so I dipped them in G & B's white chocolate. (all the nibbles are for my friend who only eats white choc).


Here they are all wrapped and tagged ready to make up a little hamper.


Finally I also finished a few last minute recycled paper Yule garlands.






That's me nearly done, I can't be bothered to do much cleaning as I feel I'm just setting myself one task after another and the to do list is endless if I think about it. Besides which there will probably be no visitors as I like a quiet Christmas.
I am looking forward to a nice potter around York tomorrow morning as a form of relaxation, no shops or shopping just a trip to one of my favourite coffee shops and I might buy a special teapot there. 

5 comments:

Anne said...

You have earned a nice quiet morning to yourself tomorrow! Enjoy York and if you can pop into me and mrs fisher for a cuppa and a cake.Have a lovely day and a lovely peaceful christmasX

grace said...

How industrious, enjoy a moment to yourself. Really like the Yule garlands....enjoy a quiet Christmas, may it be full of peace x

Anonymous said...

I hope you have the lovely quiet christmas you wish for!
Your decorations and food look lovely.
Happy Christmas Sally!
Vivienne x
P.S. Don't faff about with the Baileys, just drink it! ;)

patty said...

Thank you all for popping by with your good wishes.
I haven't had the pleasure yet of visiting Me & Mrs Fisher so will have to look it up next year.

patty said...

Vivienne, now I've made those truffles I can enjoy the remains of the Baileys!