Tuesday 20 December 2011

Christmas jam done

Last week I read about microwave jam making on Lavender Attic's blog and I was quite intrigued as it sounded foolproof. Having only made jam once before, this summer, I thought it was worth a go and would make some nice festive pressies if it worked.


Here it is halfway through the microwaving and beginning to look and smell like jam!


All done and looking good so in the jars and fingers crossed it sets!



Ta dah! it set beautifully. I want to thank Sally at Lavender Attic for introducing me to this fantastic, simple way to successfully make jam. I'm converted! Here is the link to Sally's post with the recipe and details

http://lavenderattic.blogspot.com/2011/07/jamtastic-2.html

I used a mixed pack of frozen fruit from the supermarket containing raspberries, blackberries, redcurrants & blackcurrants and I took inspiration from a more recent post of Sally's to add Port to make it festive. It has an intense colour and delicious flavour.

6 comments:

Rustic Vintage Country said...

Oh dear me, more temptation. I have all of the fruit you used in the freezer from our allotment and if this is an easy way to do jam, I can see some pots coming up!

patty said...

Oh yes you must give it a go and yours will taste even better as you've grown the fruit.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Wow what a brilliant idea. All the faffing around with jam making puts me off, I like this idea very much!
Thanks for the link Sally!
V x

lavender attic said...

Hi Sally
Glad it worked! Thanks for the mention - sorry haven't got back to you about the recipe...bit of a mad week! I love your labels - clever lady x

Rustic Vintage Country said...

Thanks so much for comments on my blog! I also meant to say earlier, the jam labels are fab.

patty said...

Sally don't worry about getting back re: the recipe as I went and did the full amount and it's so good I'll be doing more. I wonder if it works as well with plums as someone is giving me a pile on Friday.
Glad you liked the labels, my homage to Mr Weller & Co!